Working Environment Improved
The main objectives of the Technology Branch are to provide the Jamaica Constabulary Force with integrated information technology solutions to assist in the prevention and solving of crimes in Jamaica and to implement appropriate technology within the force to achieve efficient management of resources. In order to achieve these objectives the following strategies are being employed:
- Accurately determining the current and future needs of the force;
- Deploying the most appropriate technology to serve these needs;
- Carrying out continuous and extensive training on the use of technology for all levels of staff in the force;
- Expanding the system to the relevant authorities to enter and inquire into all incidents involving the criminal justice system in Jamaica.
The Technology Branch provides support to computer users in the organisation. This can include installing new software, repairing hardware problems, installing new hardware, troubleshooting problems and training employees how to use new software programs. Many businesses maintain an IT help desk in the company to assist employees with computer-related issues.
Individuals working at the Tech Branch are also responsible for installing and setting up the computer network in an organization. You would work in this capacity to ensure that the network is operating properly and that all employees have the ability to communicate through the internet and intranet. Professional information technology employees keep the system secure and troubleshoot the system in the event of a problem.
- Technology training
- Data and quality control
- Network and technical support
- Systems maintenance
Solving crimes through technology