EIGHTEEN PERSONS ARRESTED IN KINGSTON FOR BREACHING DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT ACT
April 29, 2020 – Eighteen persons were arrested by a team of police from the Public Safety and Traffic Enforcement Branch (PSTEB) and the Kingston Central Police for breaching of the Disaster Risk Management Act on Orange Street in Kingston last night.
- Ian Scott 41-year-old tiler of Orange Street, Kingston
- Nayeer Brown 32-year-old electronics salesman of Orange Street, Kingston
- Kerri-Anne Wilson 22-year-old, student of Orange Street, Kingston
- Michael Isaacs 27-year-old machine operator of Orange Street, Kingston
- Errol Sinclair 68-year-old, unemployed of Orange Street, Kingston
- Kevin Wilson 42-year-old, footballer of Orange Street, Kingston
- Shanice Powell 25-year-old, firefighter of Orange Street, Kingston
- Javier Ellis 28-year-old, janitor of Tarrant Drive, Kingston 10
- Kenroy Collins 23-year-old, forklift operator of Gordon Road, Kingston
- Jermaine Reid 21-year-old, factory worker of Gordon Road, Kingston
- Jevaughn Walker 25-year-old, machine operator of Gordon Road, Kingston
- Alex Hanson 24-year-old machine operator of Gordon Road, Kingston
- Glenford Elvin 42-year-old, firefighter of Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
- Gossett Haye 68-year-old, a carpenter of Boulevard Park, Kingston 11
- Carl Jackson 44-year-old, porter of Wellington Street, Kingston 4
- Rickton Wauchoupe 58-year-old, groundsman of Four Forty Drive, Kingston 20
- Devon Armsby 41-year-old, labourer of Four Forty Drive, Kingston 20
- Steve Brown 35-year-old, a construction worker of Four Forty Drive, Kingston 20
Reports from the PSTEB are that about 7:15 p.m., the team was on patrol on Orange Street when they heard loud music playing and proceeded to investigate the source. They subsequently, found a group of people at a party and instructed them to go home. The majority complied, however, eighteen did not which resulted in the violators being arrested and charged for breaching the Disaster Risk Management Act.
They were all granted bail and are scheduled to appear in the Kingston and St. Andrew Parish Court on Tuesday, June 30.