The Narcotics Police have charged the six men who were arrested in an operation in Portland on Sunday, May 30.
Charged with Possession of Ganja, Dealing in Ganja and Taking Steps Preparatory to Export Ganja are:
– * 30-year-old Romaine Wright, higgler of Mike Town district, Manchester
– * 41-year-old Damian Williams, mason of Junction, St. Elizabeth
– * 59-year-old Dennis Allen, farmer of Grants Pen Avenue, Kingston 8
– * 21-year-old Trent Walker of Annotto Bay, St. Mary
– * 33-year-old Raymond Foster, fisherman of Hart Street, Kingston 4
– 42-year-old Gregory Forbes, farmer of Robins Bay, St. Mary
They were charged jointly and are scheduled to appear in the St. Mary Parish Court on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
On Saturday, May 29, the Narcotics Police were called in when the Jamaica Defence Force Coast Guard intercepted a 30-foot boat at Robin’s Bay in Portland. The vessel was searched and 35 knitted bags containing 861.5 pounds of compressed ganja were found. The six persons on board the vessel were arrested.
The drug seized has an estimated street value of JMD3.5 million.