TWELVE PERSONS ARRESTED AND CHARGED FOR BREACHES OF THE DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT ACT IN ST. CATHERINE.
May 25, 2020 – Twelve persons were arrested and charged by a team of officers from the Portmore Police Station in St. Catherine for breaching of the Disaster Risk Management Act in the Naggo Head and Southborough communities in the parish on Sunday, May 24.
· Thirty-year-old Jason Carter,
· Twenty-seven-year-old Suwayne Blair,
· Thirty-three-year-old Jamall Thomas,
· Twenty-year-old Shavon Bennett,
· Fifty-four-year-old Dennis Forbes,
· Nineteen-year-old Kamal Gayle,
· Twenty-one-year-old Shemar Thomas,
· Forty-year-old Jason Thomas,
All of Southborough district in St. Catherine and;
· Thirty-three-year-old Damion Scott,
· Fifty-seven-year-old Adrian McCollin,
· Thirty-two-year-old Steven McCollin,
· Sixty-three-year-old Stanford Dyer
All of Naggo Head district in St. Catherine.
Reports are that between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., police were on patrol in the communities when the persons were seen and sent home. Some of them refused which resulted in the violators being arrested and charged for breaches of the Disaster Risk Management Act.
They were all granted bail and are scheduled to appear in the St. Catherine Parish Court on Tuesday, August 11.