https://jcf.gov.jm/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/protect-business-from-external-internal-issue.jpg 667 1000 Shaunjaye Mitchell https://www.jcf.gov.jm/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/LOGO-JCF-300x60.png Shaunjaye Mitchell2019-12-24 16:20:102019-12-24 16:20:14Crime Prevention Tips for Businesses
Crime Prevention Tips for Businesses
- Reduce cash held on the premises to a workable minimum.
- Implement a system whereby excess cash is removed to a secure area.
- Place emergency numbers where attendants can easily see them.
To reduce fraud:
- Only accept cheques and credit cards when presented with an acceptable form of identification.
- Accept credit cards only if signed at the back and with valid dates.
- Hold the card and watch the customer sign the voucher or cheque. Check and compare the signature on the card against the signature on the voucher or cheque.
- Rub your thumb over the signature strip – the signature strip should be flush with the card and this allows you to detect whether the strip has been tampered with.
Money in transit is vulnerable. When possible use a cash-transit company particularly for large sums of money.
If you choose to transport cash on your own, consider the following to reduce the risk of falling prey to criminals:
- Assign more than one well-trained person to the task.
- Company uniforms should not be worn but if they are, they should be covered by other clothing.
- Avoid using public transport.
- If using private transport keep the doors locked at all times.
- Avoid quiet streets and vary the route and time of travel.
- Do not advertise the fact that you are carrying cash.
- Ensure the time of return is known so an alarm can be raised if necessary.
- Be aware of drivers of vehicles or people behaving suspiciously.
Do not put yourself at risk – hand the money over if you are confronted.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!