https://jcf.gov.jm/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/ATM.jpg 720 1280 Shaunjaye Mitchell https://www.jcf.gov.jm/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/LOGO-JCF-300x60.png Shaunjaye Mitchell2019-12-24 16:12:072019-12-24 16:12:12Using an ATM? Here’s how to use it safely
- If you must use an ATM, choose one that is located inside a mall, or in a well-lit location. Withdraw only the amount of cash you need.
- Be aware of your surroundings and the people around you.
- If there is anything unusual about the cash machine discontinue the transaction and report your suspicions to the bank.
- Do not enter ATMs with strangers.
- Protect your PIN by shielding the ATM keypad from anyone who is standing near you. If you are at an ATM machine cover the pin with one hand while the other is used to press the keys.
- Do not throw your ATM receipt away at the ATM location.
- Keep your ATM card in a safe place and protect it just like you would cash, credit cards or cheques. Do not leave it around where others can see your card, whether at home or at work. If your card is missing or stolen notify your bank immediately.
- Never give any information about your ATM card or PIN over the telephone.