Detectives assigned to the Trelawny Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) have arrested and charged five persons in relation to the shooting death of 65-year-old Glenford Henry, otherwise called ‘Necko’, of Kitchen Crescent, Wakefield in the parish on Monday, July 12.
Charged with Murder are:
· 35-year-old Ferion Smart, a tiler, of Eltham View, Spanish Town, St. Catherine
· 35-year-old Anthony Gibbs, otherwise called ‘Short Boss’ and ’Webster’ of Bounty Hall, Trelawny
· 27-year-old Christopher Morrison, a farmer,
· 31-year-old Alika Morrison, otherwise called ‘Nicky’
· 60-year-old Victor Morrison, all of Kitchen Crescent Wakefield in the parish.
Alika Morrison was also charged with Illegal Possession of Firearm and Illegal Possession of Ammunition.
Reports from the Falmouth Police are that about 8:05 a.m., citizens heard explosions and summoned them. Upon their arrival, Henry was seen with gunshot wounds to the upper body. He was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Morrison, Gibbs and Smart surrendered to the police. Further investigations led to the arrest of Victor Morrison. Alika Morrison was arrested during an operation conducted in Wakefied, Trelawny; a Colt pistol with three .45 cartridges was recovered.
Their court date is being finalised.