Six persons to include a woman and a juvenile were arrested and charged with Breaches of the Firearms Act after a special operation in Retirement district, St James on Wednesday, August 16.
Charged with Possession of Prohibited Weapon and Unauthorized Possession of Ammunition are:
- 29-year-old Vincent Riley, a garbage collector, of St. Johns district, St. James
- 18-year-old Daniel McNeil, a student, of St. Johns district, St. James
- 24-year-old Randy Stewart, a deliveryman, of St. Johns district, St. James
- 28-year-old Kevin Salmon, a security officer, of St. Johns district, St. James
- 24-year-old Aneisha Dixon, a cashier of Red Dirt, Flankers, St. James
- A 15-year-old boy
Reports from the St James Police are that about 11:00 p.m., acting on information a joint police-military operation was carried out in the area and all six persons were seen standing next to a tree. They were swiftly apprehended, the area was searched and a sheet was discovered tucked away in some branches of the tree.
A detailed search of the area was later conducted in the presence of the suspects, during which a firearm and ammunition, submachine gun and other paraphernalia were found beside a blue container after a second check of the area.
On Monday August 21, all six persons were charged. Their court dates are being finalised.