The main suspect in the killing of a mother and her four children in Cocoa Piece, Chapelton, Clarendon has been charged with five counts of Murder.
Charged is Rushane Barnett, 23, of Wilson’s Run, Trelawny and Papine in St. Andrew.
The bodies of:
- Thirty-one-year-old Kimesha Wright, a practical nursing student
- Fifteen-year-old Kimanda Smith
- Eleven-year-old Shara-Lee Smith
- Five-year-old Rafaella Smith and
- Twenty-three-month old Kishawn Henry, all of New Road, Cocoa Piece, Chapelton district in Clarendon were discovered inside their home with chop wounds and their throats slashed on Tuesday, June 21.
Barnett fled the area to Wilson Run in Trelawny, where he was apprehended.
He was charged based on a caution statement he gave to the police. Barnett’s court date is not yet finalised.