The Jamaica Constabulary Force has taken note of a news report from a particular print and electronic media house, claiming that a Police Constable shot his common-law wife during a domestic dispute.
This report is false.
· There was no dispute between the man and his common law wife
· His common law wife was not shot
· He did not cause any injury to his common law wife
· The story completely ignores the fact that both the Constable and his common law wife were attacked by two other people
· The story is a complete misrepresentation of what took place
On Monday, March 23, 2020 about 7:20 p.m. the policeman was at the Foster Lane home of his common-law wife when she was attacked and stabbed at by a female and her teenaged daughter.
The policeman intervened and attempted to quell the dispute when he was stabbed. He discharged his firearm and the elder attacker received gunshot injuries. She was taken to hospital, where she was treated and admitted in stable condition. The policeman was also treated for his injury.
The Constable immediately went to the Gold Street Police station, where he made a formal report of the shooting incident. The matter is being investigated by the Gold Street Police, the JCF IPROB and INDECOM.