December 24, 2021– A multi-agency operation within the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) has disrupted a plot to murder three persons and seized an assortment of guns, ammunition, and police paraphernalia. Seven persons were taken into custody in connection with seizures that took place on Thursday, December 23.
- One American Tactical hybrid rifle with a magazine affixed containing thirty 5.56 cartridges
- One Glock 26 pistol along with a magazine containing eleven 9mm cartridges
- One Glock magazine containing seventeen 9mm cartridges
- Three Glock 17 magazines with two 9mm cartridges
- Thirty-five 5.56 cartridges
- One Glock 19 magazine,
- One plastic M16 magazine and
- Six additional 9mm cartridges
- One ballistic vest
- A suit of police uniform
- A red and black police vest
- Two pairs of handcuffs and other paraphilias
Reports are that about 9:00.a.m a C-TOC-led team conducted an operation during which the weapon and other paraphilia were seized. The plot to kill three females quickly unraveled when law enforcement organised the operation and made the arrest. The individuals that were arrested are being questioned with a view of proffering charges.
During a press conference held earlier today, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Fitz Bailey said, “The group that we have identified is involved in a series of murders, contract killings, and other matters that are under investigation.” He also added that their plans were foiled by the swift and technology-driven investigation that was conducted by the police.
“As we close this year, we want to assure the public that for 2022 we will be resolute, we will not relent, we are going to be more aggressive against those who continue to perpetrate violent crime,” DCP Fitz Bailey.
The coordinated operations were led by officers from the Counter-Terrorism and Organised Crime Branch (CTOC), the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB), and the Public Safety and Traffic Enforcement Branch (PSTEB).